Apr 30, 2020
None of us are immune from stress, especially
now. This is a critical moment for us to look
out not only for our own mental health but that of our
colleagues. In this episode, Dr. Melissa Shepard sits down
with Primary Care RAP host Dr. Neda Frayha for some real talk on
the mental health challenges facing health care workers in the
COVID-19 pandemic, and some concrete, tangible tools to help us get
through this period. Spoiler alert: it’s more than yoga.
- HIPPO Education COVID Resource Center. Link
- Free mental health crisis line for physicians
impacted by Covid-19 related issues, staffed by US Psychiatrists
(support only, cannot prescribe medications). 1-888-409-0141.
- COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide. National
Alliance on Mental Illness.
- Darnall B. The COVID-19 Wellness and Coping
Toolkit: 11 Tips for Health Care Workers, Patients, and the
Public. Psychology Today, 31 March 2020.
- Good Therapy. https://www.goodtherapy.org
- Doxy.me Physician Support Line. https://doxy.me/physiciansupportline
- Free access to Headspace Plus app (guided
meditations) for healthcare professionals. Link
- Center for Mind-Body Medicine at Georgetown.
Introduction to evidenced-based techniques for helping people
through and after trauma (things like guided imagery, body scans,
breathing techniques) Link
To learn more about Rob's new show Stimulus: stimuluspodcast.com